Thursday, August 2, 2012

Perspective


Perspective can be defined as “a visible scene” or “the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship.”

I enjoy painting objects from a different perspective. I might see an animal, such as the Siamese cat in the painting above, and focus on the part of that animal that intrigues me...such as the incredible blue eyes.  I like the idea of of focusing on one part of a subject, such as the eyes above, drawing attention to that part and in some way, discovering that subject again for the first time. I find it interesting to see objects from different angles and even take a different point of view from how others see it.
Sometimes I need to apply this to other areas of my life, especially when dealing with people. To truly understand someone, you must try to understand things from their perspective...see things from their point of view. In doing so, maybe you can discover something beautiful about them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment