Sunday, August 12, 2012


Began this painting at a knife painting workshop this weekend with Laurie Justus Pace. Great seeing her again! Also met and worked beside (and picked her brain) professional fine artist Sheri Jones who is also an amazing knife painter.

When I first started this painting I had huge pieces of paint applied with my knife....almost an abstract look with cubes of paint in sections. I have since begun to rework the paint, especially in the sky and sand. Still not sure if my beach is finished. The last thing I worked on today is the trunks of the palm trees which I LOVE! I loaded the side of my knife with Brown Pink and dragged it across Titanium White to create the look of bark. LOVE THE KNIFE!

Can't wait to see how this painting turns out!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the colors. You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete