Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Expanse



"And God said, 'Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water.' So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse 'sky.'" - Genesis 1:6-8a

My youngest asked me tonight if I was doing a series on Creation. Actually, that is not my intent. What I'm trying to do is figure out how does one create. Where do you start? And when I ask myself those questions, I can't help but look at the One who created everything for inspiration. On the second day, He separated the waters and created the sky. So this is how I imagine it looks. In my mind it has light. The light separates the waters of the sea from the waters of the air.

Do you create? If you don't, you should. God has put creativity in all our hearts. The first thing we ever read about God doing in the Bible is creating. It's the very first sentence. And if we are made in His image, then I'm pretty sure He has put creativity in all of us. YOU CAN CREATE. You may not be an artist, but you may be a writer, a composer, a gardener, a chef, a builder, a scrapbooker, a designer, or anything else you can imagine. You name it. God has placed something inside you to create.

I pray for you that you will find what He has truly created you to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment