Monday, July 16, 2012

PASSION

What are you passionate about? Do you even know?

And I’m not talking about the type of passion in a romantic relationship or the passion you have for your favorite sports team (GO HOGS!) But what energizes you? In your day-to-day grind, what makes you feel alive?

For so long….as long as I can remember….I have been trying to find mine. I’ve looked in so many places.

Then a friend of mine recommended a book….Find Your Strongest Life by Marcus Buckingham (an excellent book I HIGHLY recommend).  The book addressed the feelings many women have when trying to figure out what they are supposed to do with their life. (And although this book was written specifically for women, the author has written several others applicable to both genders.) When I picked up the book, I felt I was reading my own story. The book encouraged me to find the things in my life that make me strong and to spend most of my time doing those things. It even included a link to a test for me to find my greatest strength. No surprise. My greatest strength is CREATOR. I’m now embarking on a journey to nurture that strength and try to stay in my strong moments.

So I ask you again….What are you passionate about? Do you even know?

No comments:

Post a Comment