Monday, July 23, 2012


Beautiful things

The other morning as I began painting, my iPod started playing the song “Beautiful Things” by Gungor. I couldn’t help but smile as I thought about the parody my 18 year old son did for his art class final on youtube. The original song begins with the lyrics “All this pain, I wonder if I’ll ever find my way.” However, for my son’s art final, he began the song, “All this PAINT, I wonder if I’ll ever find my way.” Oh, how I can relate!
I set aside this day as a day to find my way through my art. These days are precious to me because they are so rare. I opened myself up to the Holy Spirit asking Him to guide my hands and my thoughts and create art out of colors, imagination, hand movement, and canvas.



·        
"For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever."  Psalm 100:5  The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment