Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Journey

One of my favorite writers, Donald Miller, recently wrote, “The only way to make something static is to kill it. If you want to enjoy something, let it live. Give up control.”

Whoa.
So this is a blog I’m starting about a change I’m making in my life. For too long I’ve been static. And I’m tired of not enjoying.

I’ve decided it’s time to live, and I’m about to give up control.
My name is Beth Lenderman and I’m a 44 year old female—wife of 25+ years, mother of a college freshman and high school freshman, finished eleventh grade and then went straight to college, BA in English from the University of Kentucky, Doctor of Physical Therapy from University of Central Arkansas, and a myriad of changed majors in between-- who has been trying to figure out for at least 27 years where it is I’m supposed to be….what it is I’m supposed to do….and what I want to be when I grow up.

I invite you to join me on this journey of self-discovery.  Maybe you will see a little of yourself along the way.

“I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out – plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”  Jeremiah 29:11 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment