Monday, November 19, 2012

Abstract



ABSTRACT
12 x 16
oil on canvas board
 
 
I usually enjoy painting with bright, vibrant colors but I wanted to experiment with some more muted tones and I thought back to my childhood when I took oil painting lessons in the 5th grade at the Sherwood, Arkansas Rec Center next to the public library where my mom worked part-time. I knew nothing about painting with a knife back then, so I had my trusty brushes and started off with tried and true colors, some of which I used in this painting: yellow ochre, prussian blue, white, and alizarin crimson.
 
As I began applying the paint, I liked the idea of a calming horizontal. When I placed these colors on the canvas, I turned it a couple of times but I was very pleased with the painting as an abstract.
 
Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment