Saturday, October 27, 2012

The transformation into a cultural convention...



 

Cultural Convention
oil on canvas with palette knife
12 x 16
$250.00


I will explain my reference in the title line in a moment....

This is another painting that I began as purely strokes of color across a blank canvas in no apparent order. I didn't even worry about any composition of light to dark but just placed paint on the cloth with my knife.

Photo one looks like nothing. I mean NOTHING. But then I began to move the paint around some, add a little here, a little there and came up with photo two, which still kinda looks like nothing. I spun it around many times. I take pictures with my phone so that when I'm away from my art I can still look at it and visualize. Photo two kinda began to look like something in my mind.

In photo three, the object is beginning to take shape and by photo four, you can see that it is a TEAPOT which holds tea. According to Sheldon Cooper, my favorite character in the TV show Big Bang Theory, when someone is upset the cultural convention is to bring them a hot beverage, such as tea.

And there you have the title of this post and piece of art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment