Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Genesis of Wine



This is one of those paintings that I started by just applying different colors to the canvas in no particular fashion. I could kick myself for not taking photos along the way because the finished product here in no way looks like the beginning.

As I began pulling the paint across the canvas with my knife, NOTHING was showing up to me. I kept pulling, adding paint, looking for something to appear. I began mixing, got frustrated, mixed more, until all the paint was mixed together into an ugly purplish brown color. I completely scraped the canvas and found stains of color underneath. I reapplied those colors that were underneath the brown. I turned the canvas over and over and over and finally found this....

The Genesis of Wine. Oil on canvas with palette knife. 11x14.



No comments:

Post a Comment