Monday, April 14, 2014

The New Neighbors


The New Neighbors
oil on gallery wrapped canvas
24x30

Recently I have been exploring lighthouses in my paintings. Lighthouses are places and objects I use to love dearly but over time I grew tired of them because I started collecting them and collected so many that they lost their allure and uniqueness to me. However, as I've been exploring objects/scenes/places I want to paint, I decided to revisit these and I have felt energized. So maybe I'm on the right track!

This painting depicts just a portion of the lighthouse...enough to see the cool lens, the walkway around it, and eggs in a nest where birds made a home in the shelter of the cutout. 

If interested in this painting, please e-mail me at bethlendermanfineart@gmail.com. I would love to visit with you about this. And I also do commissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment